ANACORTES PARKS AND RECREATION
The Parks and Recreation Department seeks to preserve and enhance the quality of life that our residents enjoy by providing quality recreational facilities and opportunities regardless of age, race, sex, wealth and ability.
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of all parks
- Operation of recreation programs
- Grand View Cemetery
- Washington Park
- Anacortes Community Forest Lands
- Depot Arts and Community Center Management
- Grounds at City owned facilities
- Park planning and development
- Field scheduling
- Senior Activity Center Management
- Tree Keeper Fund
- Conservation Easement Program
Anacortes is the focus of a Comcast “Neighborhoods” video that features Mayor Laurie Gere, Park Director Gary Robinson, Museum Education Coordinator Bret Lunsford and local Store owner Frank Michaud. A special thank you to Sabrina Register for highlighting the beauty and diverse options of the area.
Check it out here.