Request email notification when page changes Email Me When This Page is Updated

Permits Banner
Burn Regulations

Washington State law currently bans land-clearing and residential burning of yard clippings and other vegetative debris in Anacortes, Burlington, Mount Vernon, Sedro-Woolley and their urban growth areas.

Recreational Fire Permits
Recreational firewood fires are permitted within the city limits with a burn permit. See the burn regulations for guidelines and restrictions. The Fire Department issues permits free of charge and they are valid for one year. You can get an application for a recreational firewood permit at the Fire Department offices, 1016 13th Street or click on permit to download a copy that you can complete and mail or email ( to the Fire Department. Please remember to sign your permit. If you mail the permit, please include your email address so we can return your approved permit by email.

Recreational Fire Permit

Burn Complaints
To make a report of a suspected illegal burn, please contact the Cascade Dispatch Business Offices at (360) 424-8192. If you suspect a fire is extensive or may be out of control call 911 immediately!

On May 3, 2004 the Anacortes City Council passed Ordinance 2656 which banned the sale, possession, or use of fireworks within the City municipal boundaries except for properly licensed public displays. The ordinance became effective January 1, 2005. View Ordinance here.