Current Facility Closures
City of Anacortes Information by Department
Essential staff will continue to work in City Hall.
City of Anacortes Public Meetings
The City of Anacortes has instituted Temporary Procedures to Respond to the COVID-19 virus. City leadership will continue to work hard to protect our community and ensure continuity of essential services while minimizing exposure to our residents and staff.
- The City is postponing indefinitely all meetings of the Anacortes Planning Commission and all other City boards and commissions.
- All City Councilmembers are encouraged to attend all meetings via telephone.
- All in-person Committee meetings of the City Council are cancelled. Council committee meetings may be held telephonically.
- The public comment portion of Council meetings and any scheduled public hearings are temporarily suspended to discourage public in-person attendance of City Council meetings. City Council and staff encourages members of the public to participate by watching meetings live or viewed after the fact on the City of Anacortes website or on Channel 10. The public is encouraged to comment via email or written comment addressed to: City Clerk, P.O. Box 547, Anacortes, WA 98221. Public comments received prior to the meeting will become part of the record for the meeting, just as if presented in person.
Please contact the Mayor’s office at 360-299-1950 with any questions.
The Anacortes Fire Department business office will be closed to public until further notice.
The Anacortes Public Library is open by appointment.
The Anacortes Museum is closed.
Here is a list of Anacortes Museum activities you can do from home or anywhere:
- Our Newspaper Exhibit is now free to access online.
- Our photo database has over 55,000 keyword searchable photographs, representing the artifacts in the Online Anacortes Museum Collection. You can browse random images or search for “salmon cannery” or “Anacortes veneer” and fine tune your results. Also, you can help us identify, add to and correct our photo descriptions by clicking the “send feedback” tab on website photographs.
- The new Anacortes Museum Channel on YouTube has local historic films and new museum features.
- Anacortes High School Rhododendron yearbooks are available to browse online.
For a full list of cancellations and postponements and online alternatives please visit the City of Anacortes Museum web page.
For up to date information on event and program offerings, please visit https://www.cityofanacortes.org/490/Parks-Recreation.
If you have any questions, please check our website https://www.anacorteswa.gov or call us at 360-293-1918.
The Anacortes Senior Activities Center is closed. The following services will continue.
Meals on Wheels is being served out of the Methodist Church. Daily hot meal delivery will continue, Monday through Friday and frozen weekend meals for Meals on Wheels clients as long as staffing and volunteer capacity allows.
Congregate Lunch Program (In-House Lunch Service). The congregate lunch program will be closed until further notice. Frozen meals are available for pick up. Arrangements can be made by calling the Senior Activity Center at 360-293-7473.
Special Events. Special events associated with the Center will be cancelled including: Meals on Wheels fundraising events including the Wii Bowling Bash, The Bingo & Baked Potato Bar and the March for Meals Bowling Bash. Also cancelled will be the Saint Patrick’s Day Luncheon, the Unconventional Runway Show and the Kevin Carroll Ukulele workshops and concert.
Updates. Updates regarding the closure and eventual re-opening of the Center will be posted on the Center’s website (Senior Center Web Page), the Anacortes Senior Activity Center Facebook page, on the Center’s answering machine and on the front door of the ASAC.
Due to COVID-19, City Hall remains closed to the public. Based on WA Governor’s proclamation concerning COVID19 Phase 1, some building projects are now allowed with COVID19 safety plans in place per L&I standards. L&I will be approving and enforcing on-site safety plans.
Planning, Community, & Economic Development Staff will continue to accept, review, and issue permits, and offer limited inspections.
BUILDING INSPECTIONS: Limited to WA Governor’s COVID19 Phase 1 allowed construction, critical activities (as defined by the State), infrastructure, and life safety items (water heaters, furnaces,reroofs, etc). They will be done via FaceTime when possible. Some on-site inspections can occur if COVID19 safety plans are in place.
APPLYING FOR PERMITS: In order to limit contact, we will be accepting building permit submittals and planning department submittals via a drop box at the back door of City Hall, and online. STAFF WILL CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE BY PHONE AND EMAIL.
On-line building submittals: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On-line planning submittals: email to email@example.com
Application forms at: https://www.anacorteswa.gov/880/Applications-Handouts-Fees
If using dropbox behind City Hall:
- Fold and band complete application, plans, supporting documents, etc and place in drop box. If submitting via thumb drive, please place in an envelope with application. Then Call 360-293-1901 to let staff know of the drop off.
- Permits will be processed¸reviewed etc.
- You will be notified via email when permit is ready for payment, and payment options and how to get your permit.
The Anacortes Police Department has suspended fingerprinting services on Wednesday mornings until further notice.
During the weeks that City Hall will be closed to customers, we do have several options by which to make your payment. We highly encourage setting up AUTO PAY. You can set up AUTO PAY through our website.
Normal utility disconnect procedures due to lack of payment have been suspended during this time of crisis. State law does not allow unpaid utility balances to be written off, so the monthly bill will continue to accrue. If you need help with your payments or have any questions please call us at 360-293-1909 or 360-299-1968.
Please see department page for information. All essential services continue, uninterrupted.
Waste Management is putting safety first, minimizing disruption for customers and making sure you have the best information available. If you need assistance please contact the Waste Management Support Center.
For service inquiries / missed pick-ups you may call 1-800-592-9995.