Grand View Cemetery Expansion
October 21, 2021 Update:
We are working with Trinity Contractors, Inc on the Grand View Cemetery Expansion project. So far on the project we have completed the following:
- Installed the slated cedar fence and the block retaining wall along the homes by Hillcrest Drive.
- Interior road and parking pullouts are prepped and ready for asphalt.
- Irrigation sub-contractor is surveying all of the irrigation lines and digging the trenches for the PVC pipe.
- Landscape sub- contractor is starting to plant around the sediment pond and the planting bed on Hillcrest Drive.
- Lots of soil being worked and move around for the interior planting pockets.
- Installed a French drain and catch basin off of the interior road.
September 23, 2021 Update:
The City is starting Phase Two of the Grand View Cemetery Expansion project. Trinity Consultants, Inc. is doing the work for the City and crews will begin to mobilize their equipment on Monday, September 27, 2021. Crews may be working Monday-Friday between the hours of 7am-5pm.
Work will take place within Grand View Cemetery, and there will be some trucks and equipment that will be coming and going to the site as work progresses.
Our goal is to have this work done by the end of November, weather and time permitting. Work that is scheduled for Phase Two:
- Landscape throughout the expansion that will also include front entrance improvements
- Fence around the sediment pond, fence behind the homes that are on Hilcrest Drive who live directly behind the cemetery
- Retaining wall on the West side of the sediment pond
- Asphalt access road within the expansion that will include parking pullouts
- Survey work for burial plots
If you have any questions or concerns during construction, please contact Project Manager, Nicole Johnston at 360-293-1918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 26, 2021 Update:
The Grand View Cemetery Expansion project is entering the construction phase. We are working with engineers and landscape designers on the layout for nearly 2,000 new cemetery lots. We plan to go out to bid later this summer. The landscape plan includes adding over 100 new trees, screening fences for our neighbors, a new access road in the expansion area and plantings around our stormwater pond. Our goal is to have this project complete in early 2022.
January 6, 2021 Update:
Tiger Construction Company is still working away at Grand View Cemetery Expansion Phase One. The sediment pond and all of the storm water catch basins have been installed. The crew still needs to grade and finish the access road. The crew will be spreading soil conditioner getting the site ready for seed. Then as soon as we have a good weather window the hydroseed will go down. We expect crews to return later in 2021 for Phase Two of the expansion that includes adding landscaping and preparing the area for use as a cemetery. Please call 360-293-1918 with questions.
November 19th, 2020 UPDATE
The cemetery expansion looks much different now as we have removed the poplars and conifer trees. In the next weeks the crews will begin to remove the old exit road and build a required storm water pond. They will finish this phase by hydroseeding the site for the winter.
The City is beginning the expansion of Grand View Cemetery in the next month. The work includes poplar tree removal and other tree clearing near Hill Crest Drive to build a stormwater detention pond and make road repairs within the cemetery. Large trees at the south end of the expansion will be conserved. The reason for this work is that Grand View is running out of available cemetery lots. The clearing work done this fall and winter will make way for expanding the cemetery and adding over 150 new trees in 2021. Please contact Anacortes Parks and Recreation for more information.