Comprehensive Plan Amendments
The Growth Management Act limits amendments to the comprehensive plan to once per year. The process to amend the plan includes two steps: 1) Establishment of the list of amendments (the “docket”) through a legislative review process and 2) Once on the annual review docket, the amendments go through environmental review, Planning Commission review, public hearing, recommendation, and City Council review and adoption. Requests to amend the comprehensive plan must be submitted to the Planning Department by the last business day in March each year so that they can be considered for inclusion on the annual docket. For more information about legislative action review procedures, please see AMC 19.16 Legislative Actions.
How to Submit a Petition
Petitions for amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and Development Regulations are accepted until 5:00 PM on the last business day in March to be considered for the year's docket. Prior consultation with the Planning Department is highly recommended. Contact Libby Grage, 360-299-1986 or email@example.com.
Current Review Documents
- Staff Report (4/4/22)
- SEPA Determination of Nonsignificance (DNS) (3/30/22)
- SEPA Checklist (3/30/22)
- Notice of Availability (3/30/22)
- 2021 Docket Summary memo
Petitioner Applications - Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- P1. Regulation of short term rentals policies (Evergreen Islands)
- P2. Skillings Future Land Use Map Amendment (Thomas Skillings)
- P3. Toward Zero Waste Policy (Ryan Walters)
- Will be added as received.
Planning Commission Meetings
- 4/20/22 Planning Commission Meeting - Public Hearing
- 3/23/22 Planning Commission Meeting - Work Session
- Adopted Resolution 3042 establishing the 2021 Docket
- 7/12/21 City Council Meeting
- 6/28/21 City Council Meeting - Public Hearing
- 5/24/21 City Council Meeting
- Notice of Availability: Public notice information, including commenting and hearing dates (6/9/21)
- Staff report to City Council: Petition summaries and department recommendations (6/9/21)