Planning, Community, & Economic Development
- Development permit application review, issuance, and inspection.
- Administration and enforcement of of building, zoning, subdivision, shoreline, environmental and critical area codes.
- Processing of amendments to the Anacortes Comprehensive Plan, development regulations, and Official Zoning Map.
- Permit Application Forms and Checklists
- Submit an Application
- Please send applications in PDF format with a file and message size no greater than 30 MB. Please review our Electronic Document Submittal Guidelines for more information. An email with a link to a file share site (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) is acceptable.
- Building permit submittals: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning & Land Use permit submittals: email@example.com
- Pay for a permit
- Pay online (The fee for online payments will be 2.75% of the total dollar amount or $1.00, whichever is greater. Online payments using ACH/e-check transactions will be $1.50 per transaction. The maximum payment amount per payment is $50,000. Multiple payments may be made.)
- If online payment is not an option, you can mail a check (including a copy of the invoice with permit number) to: City of Anacortes, PCED Department, PO Box 547, Anacortes, WA 98221.
New Comment Period for Draft 3 Critical Area Ordinance Read on...
Notice of Availability of the Draft 3 Update to the Critical Area Ordinance and associated documents. Read on...
The City of Anacortes and Washington State Department of Ecology (Ecology) are seeking comments on the City’s Shoreline Master Program (SMP) periodic review and proposed SMP amendments. Read on...
Wed Apr. 21
Wed May 5
Wed May 12
Wed May 19