The theme of the show is: Interpretation
The exhibit will run June - November, 2022
Accepted work will be installed May 31, 2022 and be delivered no later than May 26, 2022 at noon or it will not be included in the exhibition. No exceptions.
2D and 3D work will be accepted. (size limitations for 3D work. It must be easily portable and measure no larger than 36” on any side. Mediums may include, but not limited to: painting, sculpture, fiber art, jewelry, glass art, metal works, ceramics. The show will be juried.
Depending on Covid restrictions at the time, the exhibition may be open for the June Art Walk on June 3, 2022. At other times, the show will be viewable during regular City Hall hours.
Below are guidelines for artists who wish to submit work:
• The exhibition is open to residents in the 98221 zip code
• Artists may submit up to 3 images of work to be considered. Images can be emailed email@example.com or dropped off on a disc at Parks & Recreation. Images should be 72 dpi, 1000 pixels on the longest side.
• Artists should include titles, media, price, framed dimensions of each piece and a brief artist statement, along with address, phone and email information (required).
• Artwork must be for sale - a 30% commission on sales will support public art projects
• Artwork must come ready to hang. Wired only, no sawtooth or other hangers accepted.
• The Arts Commission will oversee the selection and installation of the show
• Artwork will be insured during the time it is hung at City Hall.
• Deadline for submitting work is May 10, 2022. Jury will make determination by May 18, 2022. Artists will be emailed results. All work must remain in the show for the duration of the show. If a piece sells, artist may replace with similarly sized work that has been approved by the Commission.
Questions can be addressed to Anacortes Parks & Recreation, 360-293-1918, coa.parks@CityofAnacortes.org.
Please visit the City of Anacortes – Arts Commission website @ https://www.anacorteswa.gov/1109/Anacortes-Arts-Commission