The Development Regulations Update project website has been updated to include the following documents:
- The “Planning Commission / 3rd Draft” of proposed updates to development regulations.
- Changes within the draft, other than minor editing changes, are highlighted in yellow for easy reference. Changes to the document reflect:
- Recommendations by the Planning Commission based upon their intensive review of the document over 12 public meetings since the release of the 2nd Draft of the code update (in April, 2018).
- Other edits made by the project team to improve usability and enhance internal consistency of the document.
- Notice of the public hearing, which is scheduled for Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
- Note: Written comments will be accepted up until Friday, January 11, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
- A SEPA Determination of Non-Significance (DNS) and SEPA checklist, issued on December 19, 2018.
- Responses to public comments on the 2nd Draft.
For a slightly more detailed overview of the changes within the 3rd Draft, keep reading.
Notable areas of the 3rd Draft that have been updated:
- Definitions – Strategic updates (19.12.020)
- Procedures Table – Additions and Adjustments (19.20.030)
- Framework Development Plans – new provisions (19.20.230)
- Concurrency provisions – Integrated/updated from AMC Ch. 17.05 (Ch. 19.22)
- Site Plan Review – new provisions (Ch. 19.30)
- Subdivision procedures – numerous edits (Ch. 19.32)
- Permitted uses – a limited number of modifications (Ch. 19.41)
- Form & Intensity standards – a limited number of modifications (Ch. 19.42), including the removal of floor area ratio standards, adding lot coverage standards (mostly from the current code) back in, and reverting back to the current measurement method for building height.
- Updated several height bonus provisions (19.42.050-.140), notably:
- Removal of bonus height incentives for the CBD and C zones (along subject height increase “by right”).
- Adjust incentive criteria for bonus height in MMU zones (removing affordable housing provisions and adding public benefit features in its place)
- Cottage, duplex, triplex, townhouse, and multifamily housing – modified provisions (19.43.010)
- Accessory structures and accessory dwelling units provisions – some modifications (Ch. 19.47)
- Public street improvements – some modifications (Ch. 19.51).
- Public street design – some modifications (Ch. 19.52)
- Private driveways and access – some modifications (Ch. 19.53)
- Subdivision and block structure – some modifications (Ch. 19.54)
- Project design standards – exempting development in the I, LM, AZ, and CM2 zones and those portions of the HM and LM1 zones from the block frontage, site design, and building design provisions in Ch. 19.61-.63.
- Block frontage maps – modifications to the CBD and Commercial Ave. maps (19.61.040)
- Façade articulation – consolidation and modification of standards (19.63.030)
- Parking standards – several modifications (Ch. 19.65)
- Fences, walls, & hedge standards – some minor modifications (Ch. 19.66)
- Sign standards – some reorganization changes and several modification (Ch. 19.67)
If you have questions, please contact Libby Grage, 360-299-1986 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued interest and involvement in this project.
Best regards and happy holidays,
The Project Team