2022 Tourism Promotion Funds Availability
The City is now accepting proposals for tourism promotion grants for 2022 events, funded by lodging tax revenue.
State law allows the City to spend lodging tax revenue on:
- (a) tourism marketing;
- (b) the marketing and operations of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists;
- (c) supporting the operations and capital expenditures of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by a municipality or a public facilities district; or
- (d) supporting the operations of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by nonprofit 501(c)(3) or (c)(6) organizations.
Examples of events the City has funded in the past include:
• Anacortes Music Project
• Anacortes Famers Market
• Antique Machinery Show
• Rock the Dock Concert
• Summer Concert Series
• Arts Festival Certified Creative District
• 98221 Artists Studio Tour
• Majestic Glass Corvette Show
• Fidalgo Island Quilters Annual Quilt Show
• Shipwreck Day
For the 2022 funding cycle, the City is especially interested in funding:
• New events
• Events in January, February, and March
Tourism Applications are available at: https://www.anacorteswa.gov/558/Lodging-Tax-Advisory-Committee
To complete the applications, download the document to your computer, complete the required sections and e-mail the document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications are due back to the City of Anacortes Planning, Community & Economic Development Department by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2021.
If you have questions or need an application mailed to you, please contact Joann Stewart at 360-293-1907.